That Time of Year

Wind & Waves… and these 3 days of wind is ridiculous, but anything above 30 kts this time of year is a “cancellation”. Last thing we need is to get everyone on the boat, drive out a few miles only to turn around and come back to the dock because it’s too rough to fish. A waste of your time and money, as well as ours; with the added expense of fuel used, crew time, and so on. We plan on sailing Friday, Saturday & Sunday unless changes are made to the forecast. Remember, as it starts to get colder, the LMA III has an insulated heated cabin & heated rails so staying warm is not a problem.

Haddock season will reopen in two weeks (November 1st), and we plan on running daily (weather permitting) until just before Christmas.

Getting back to “cancellations” this time of year, we do our best to keep an eye on the forecast and make cancellations the day before a trip. These decisions can be a tough call as the NOAA forecast can change drastically with each update; and the decision may be later in the day when we have better information from NOAA to go on. When we cancel, we will call you ASAP to let you know (please check your messages), and will be posted on the HOME PAGE of our website.

Please be aware that the Tackle Shop will be open 5:00am to 4:00pm on days the boats are out - 9:00am to 3:00pm on days the boats are at the dock. The answering machine message will be updated with current information as needed should you call after hours.

We do plan on SAILING FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY, so please call ahead for a reservation if you’d like to join us.

Thanks & have a great day

Liz